View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #183
VIPDRFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
VIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
What kind of car is that?

You can do this for your lower arms (you'll have to weld in some flat metal on the one with a hole in it):

It looks like there's another arm on top of the spindle? You would need to correct that as well.

Changing the strut length will just raise the car up higher, which would correct the geometry - but defeat the purpose.
It's a JZX90/100 Toyota Chaser/Cresta/Mark II

I see. Good idea. I hadn't thought of that. That arm on top is the RUCA. I'm still have no idea on how to correct that, besides raising the subframe.

Yeah, I don't want my car having 4x4 status. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
That's similar to an E36/E46 rear suspension(BMW) - most of those guys just raise up the subframe as much as possible and call it good in the rear.

In our cars, the roll center doesn't drop as quickly in the rear as the front, so a huge amount of correction is not needed back there like the front.
That doesn't surprise me becuase I've heard the JZX-chassis was built to compete with the BMW sedans. Would I just use subframe spacers like Parts Shop Max makes for th S-chassis?

Good to know. Thanks.