View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #48
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
it's either a boost leak, it's leaking out of your bov, or you have a hole in your intercooler core.

I have the same issue. and I have a stock SR20DET Redtop, idles smooth at 1k, if I baby the car under 4 k no problems... if I get on it I get lag or hiccups on power until 4k. If I rev it drop it at 4k and make sure it stays above 4k it runs like a champ and I can smell oil.

Like a burning smell...

I'm obviously getting blowby as well.

What is your catch can set up like, are you running one? I am not. I need to have some pipes fabbed for that and am waiting on an s13/14 hybrid cover. Also I need to get new injector spacers and o-rings just to make sure it's not a fuel leak on the injector end.

I mean obviously don't know why I am asking you if you have a dude at a shop doing all of your work so us giving you advice is pointless until your mechanic figures it out.

Otherwise every tuning nut on the site will just circle jerk everyone elses theories as we have seen in the first 2 pages.