View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 07:23 AM   #31
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericb382 View Post
The FSM gives procedures for a stock HG. We are talking about aftermarket HG's. I hope you wouldn't use the FSM's torque specs when torquing down ARP head studs.... Same concept.

Like I mentioned earlier, I called Apexi (the manufacturer of my HG) and asked them what they recomend for THEIR HG. They said not to use anything. I didn't and it worked perfect. Like I also mentioned earlier, there are some instances where I would deviate from their recomendations to match a specific application, but in a perfect world (head, block and front cover machined) you don't need it.
I am very aware of the differences between this installation and that of a standard OEM head gasket. With that said, I would think a MLS headgasket could use the additional "support" to seal that area. I spoke with Cosworth USA about my application and they recommended the use of liquid gasket on the front cover. I am not the kind of individual to do motor work without extensive research.

I appreciate your input and can end this debate with a few more words.

For all who read this write up:
If you feel you don't need liquid gasket and are confident that it will not leak, then don't use it. If you feel that you might need it, use it.

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links