View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 08:20 PM   #1
o1roadkingrider

Trader Rating: (0)
o1roadkingrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Have you ever? Clutch on S14.

I've got a relatively new clutch, with about 600 miles on it now. It's a six puck copper ceramic disk, heavy duty pressure plate, and a light weight steel flywheel setup.

Initial adjustment to pedal was made right away, which put the engagement beginning just around mid travel or a bit closer to the floor.

I had been taking it pretty easy on the thing, but here recently I started being a little more hash. Some clutch kicking... a burnout here... some hard launches there... you know how it goes.

This morning I got in the car to take the kids to school and the damn thing was engaging at the top! Gone was the free-play and feel I had the day before. It didn't slip, but took very little pressure on the pedal to cause it to.

My trip was about 30 miles round trip. When I got back home I shut her down and opened my door. I listened while pumping the clutch pedal in and out several times, but didn't hear anything odd. I decided to have a look underneath after breakfast.

After eating, I went back out to pull her into the driveway and the clutch was back to normal. Perfect engagement, free play, and feel!

What the hell???? Anybody have this happen? If so, did you figure out what caused it? I was thinking maybe the rod on the slave or master cylinder had hung up outside of it's seat somehow, then maybe it fell back into place after me pumping it for a while.