View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 10:25 PM   #68
UNISA JECS
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
UNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond reputeUNISA JECS has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to UNISA JECS
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhalf View Post
Yeah I'm not being defensive etc, just clarifying our position because of how the unit was being labeled in this thread

Because of the way Nistune works, it is similar to other standalone units in how it is tuned and has been compared quite a lot to the PowerFC etc.

However one has to remember at the end of the day that it is a factory ECU and you arent going to have MAP sensing, launch control etc with one ... unless special modificaitons are made to the Nissan code (note this has been done by the likes of DeviousKA and Calumsult on the USDM KA24DE/SR20DE platforms using custom modificatioins and stealing inputs from environmental sensors ... but this not something easily rolled out or compatible amongst all vehicles)

There are still a lot of improvements to be had, such as indicating which maps are used when, and dealing other quirks inside the Nissan ECU but that is something I'm working on at the moment. All these things make tuning these units quicker and easier and more accessible. Gone are the days where ROM tuning was a black art known by few.
Matts a cool guy i'll be buying a Type 4 ECU from him for my P11 G20t soon.

On a side note its easy to add a MAP sensor if you have a Innovate LM-2 im sure you can do this with the LC-1 also, it what I do when building my fuel and timing maps, I can't imagine tunning anyway else, anyhting else would be guess work. Its very simple, I can't believe that im the only person doing this with Nistune. If your not doing this you should. Logging MAP and TP hand in hand is priceless.
UNISA JECS is offline   Reply With Quote