View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 09:49 AM   #109
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Kouki View Post
But one of the big truths is the government does not want to legalize because allll these years they have been saying brainwashing the american people that marijuana is really bad will kill you this and that. Now if they legalize people will ask questions like, Why would u legalize something that is so bad for us were u lieing this whole time?? They the higher power people dont want us regular people asking questions. When we catch the government in a lie that is not good on there part even tho we already no the government lies to us everyday. Marijuana is a multi billion $ business and its so stupid for the government to pass up this opportunity.
I can see quite a few reasons as to WHY the government does not want to legalize it. One of them NOT being because they were "lying" for all these years.

#1 - Controlling the substance
Controlling the Marijuana traffic will be very difficult in the beginning. Basically you make it almost impossible to deciefer (sp?) what is LEGAL (controlled) Marijuana and what is something that you purchased from a street corner (which could contain anything, specifically something NOT controlled by the governments legalization)
#2 - How much is too much?
You have to face the facts that with drugs come crime. That is a proven fact, even if legalized the initial problems will be obvious. The government would have to control the total amount of the substance (to try and stop abuse), especially EARLY in the legalizations life. Too much and it will just be sitting around. All though I realize this is kind of a foreign concept but it is very possible depending on the price.
#3 - Cost?
Where does the government choose to buy its initial amount of Marijuana? It does not just grow over night. Obviously they are not going to buy from cartels and the like. Does leave it to Joe Schmoe in Nebraska growing some? Do you pardon the individuals who were breaking previous laws by growing this while it was illegal?

These are just 3 off the top of my head...