View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 12:39 AM   #62
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexdmy View Post
Sometimes the end result, even in the hands of someone who is a competent tuner, are less than ideal. Some of the more basic piggyback, such as the SAFC, can be downright dangerous. As a simple example, let's say we put bigger injector in a motor with the goal of raising the boost and making more power. If we were to use a SAFC to alter, or skew the signal going to the ecu to effectively lean out the mixture, we are telling the ecu that the engine is under less load than it actual is. The problem with this is generally, the ecu will advance the ignition timing when engine load decreases. I think you can see the issue with this.
Thank you for emphasizing this again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhalf View Post

This is not an aftermarket ECU replacement. It is not advertised as such and it doesnt have the features to compete with Motec/Vipec etc. It is a system which provides retuning similar to re-FLASH based systems using our hardware and fortunately has found its place in the market

[/COLOR][/FONT]
Thank you for being honest and clearing this up.

This is nothing to be "ashamed of" or intensely defensive about, as some of your distributors and supporters on this forum have been and have been initially very pushy is exclaiming that Nis-Tune is a full standalone EMS solution.

I totally agree that it is indeed an excellent stand in, but there are some additional differences between Nis-Tune and it's DIY format and a Motec etc.

Anyways I am going to step back from this thread and hopefully this can continue forwards, especially now that you NISTUNE are directly contributing to the thread and information here.

Hoepfully the other users and consumers on the board can revive the thread and ask you some direct questions and get more information that others need on the unit now...