View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 01:10 PM   #41
93nismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
93nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 918DRFT View Post
when i started college i knew i was going to be driving a lot. i went to godspeed's shop and talked to the guys there. i looked at all their different set ups they had. the type ss, type rs. i ended up stricking a deal with them and i got to use their suspension for testing. i have drivin on many different suspensions. i have taken my car tp autocross events with the godspeed type rs. it held up well. the suspension did what it should. ive put 50,000miles on them in 1 year. (i drove at least 100 miles a day). they r still on the car. i just took them off to inspect them and everything is still good. my lower brackets were not spot welded and the coilovers are 32 way adjustable dampining and ride hieght adjustable. its important that you dont just throw coilovers on without changing control arms.tension rods and toe arms. those are all very important pieces. without good adjustable control arms,ect.. all coilovers would be bad. remember ur suspension is only as good as your weakest link.
replace your bushing as well. go to polyurathane..nismo makes a nice set for the 240's..

i hope it helps you out.
that did help alot, thanks for the reply. i still have yet to get anything really for my car. ive had money problems lately and i can even afford godspeed at the moment. but justdgeing by ehat you and everybody thats had them has said ill probly get them when i get the money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire8o5 View Post
whats going on man.. I dont do the whole two piece suspensions haha i have a nice 1pc in both my EG hatchback and my S2000.. and when i bought my s13.. i was in LA and came accross these godspeed coil overs and seemed good.. i saw the 16way adjustable dampening, adjustable camber plates and easy hight adjustment.. i barely put them on 3 days ago but seem really good so far.. i got em for $500 out the door
haha sweet deal man, let me know how they are! i only daily my car so im not to worried about the track use. althought i may track my car someday... lol

thanks the the replies guys, much help
-Mikey