View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 03:17 AM   #96
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by japslapsilvia View Post
the power wire for that fuse block is fused. and so is the battery (relocated to the trunk)

the reason i was using nissan relays is that i have tons of them. do you know the amprage of the brown SPST nissan relay? b/c i have lots of those as well.
THANKS!!
I missed this reply. The brown ones are the 6-pin ones right? All that means is they're DPST, and usually 20/30 ratings also, but they switch two circuits at a time. Seriously, I'd replace them with 40A automotive relays @ ~$3/ea.

For big power stuff, I use high-inrush-current SPST relays from McMaster Carr (lately they've been supplying relays and harnesses made by Hella *the legit lighting company* made in Spain, good stuff!) - they're rated at 70 amps continuous, 80A for 1-minute intervals! Link - $13/ea, and you need the relay harness because the 87 and 30 pins are 3/8" wide spades, not the typical 1/4" quick disconnects. Link $5.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote