View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #121
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag View Post
You preach about function>style, yet you brought style into this thread when you started to bash my car. This discussion is about lighting, not a $500 1990 240sx that will be treated as a $500 hunk of junk.

I simply offered another option for those that want HID lighting without using a 200mm housing. The Micro DE can and will take a 50watt HID retrofit safely and easily, as long as you aim them properly. Notice how i never told people to remove a good working headlamp for a Frankenstein creation.

stop being so confrontational and quit acting like an E-thug.

and to keep this on track and on topic:

"Blazer fogs"

the projectors in the link i provided apparently provide somewhat decent results when a 30watt HID kit is installed. only issue is the distortion of cutoff near the ends... as you can see.

but when aimed low and slightly to the sides they seem to make a decent cornering light, especially due to it's compact size.

That looks good to you? Looks like a Cheshire Cat projected on the wall. I expect a flat cutoff line from projectors. You can also tell that the xenon bulb is not at the right depth in the halogen projector. It's hot in the center then fades out on the edges. Real HID projector would stay one brightness across the beam spread.