View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #165
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
no...

With un metered air entering into the system there is no need to adjust your k value or latency past what you do when setting it up as a closed system. The k value, latnecy and vq scale are there for your injectors and maf sizes.
Not for making other changes with other air thats entering the system. Thats when you just have to or at least should chalk it up and accept your targets to be off a little.
Now Im not talking that im ever off by much if any when doing gas tunes, but on my personal race car with it running off e-85 there are way different characteristics of that fuel such as flow, the actual stoich mixture being different, the vaporisation of it, ect that makes several things not read out the same as gas does on gas tuning software.

Just remember all the little math figures that were done and figured out for you on the targest is assuming your using gas flowing through the injector at that pulsewidth, not alchoal.

anyways im not in here to argue about tuning or to explain myself, lets see some pictures!!!!!!!!!!!
I know the baffeling sounds easy enough but I want to see a picture before taking the drill and welder to my valvecover.
Ok, I'll stop "arguing," but just realize there is a right way and the hard way to go about tuning a MAF system.

FWIW, I made one theoretical change to the k-value based on the stoichiometric ratios of my tune and my AFRs were spot on everywhere with E85. I go from E10 to E85 with just a K-value change. That is how you properly tune a MAF system.

I'd also like to reiterate there is no unmetered air entering the system with a correct functioning PCV/catch can system routed behind the MAF.
Def is offline   Reply With Quote