View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 09:24 AM   #152
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
To tell you the truth, the baffling is just drilling 3 wholes into the original baffles under where the fitting is. Its not that big of a deal, but its just making sure the oil has enough drainage that it won't be pushed out he top AN fitting. Not really a big deal. In stock form, it has like a little slit that allows oil to train, but definitely not enough if you have some blow by.

I am working on retuning, because the car doesn't run too well to where currently my setup in the pictures, its mounted behind the MAFS and the car isn't working too well. Like the car is bogging like its dragging the breaks... I am installing an LM-2 and a Phormula KS-4 that my girlfriend bought me. I love her.... anyways, that should tell me a lot. Probably won't get it done until the weekend.... Will keep you guys posted!!

At this point, we have 2 setups, 1 on DJPimpflex's car which is before the MAFS, and my car after the MAFS..... Once Lukes done we'll test DJ's car, but I think mine is much closer. I will also disconnect and see how much it affects the AFR of the car. Ergh freeway 3rd gear pulls unfortunately..... No Dyno at my disposal. Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
I dont think that the location you chose on the filter would create much suction. I could be wrong there, but I do think a small amount of piping from the maf to the filter would be a better location with the an fitting then welded to the piping.

With either setup (before the maf or after the maf) you have to decide which air you want to be un metered. At idle your going to be breathing in un metered air through the pcv. That might not creat much of a problem as the o2 sensor is going to get the air fuel ratio proper. Under boost with that setup your blow by air is going to be metered. My take on that is though is the air that comes from your crank case probably dont have much oxygen in it though, so I dont want to waste maf voltage on air that isnt going to be benefiting my engine. I also think that the tune will tend to change as the amount of blow by you do get increases with either the weather, or the wear on the engine, or the boost lever your running changes, you will then be creating higher maf voltages for air that has little to no oxygen in it. Air that does nothing for your engine besides create pressure.
In my eyes as a tuner I would rather have the air routed after the maf because you will be reading 100% metered air during open pcv operation and the extra air that has little to no oxygen to be found in it will not be metered (which I see as a plus).

Now like you said, if the car runs right 1 way and not the other then by all means do it the way your doing it. In my case though I have the ability to tune my car whenever I please and I see that air as something I dont want metered. I think that if you meter the blow by air that your car is going to need to be retuned more often as it will cause you to start running richer and cause you to pull more timing as your compression rings start to wear causing your engine to gradually become less powerfull sooner without a retune.

Thats just me. I wont hassle you about it because I think yall are great for coming up with this crancase vent solution and Im so freaking ready to see what you do to the baffiling!!!!