View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 12:24 PM   #4
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruptR View Post
I used it, I don't recommend using it for any wire that will be exposed to the elements. Great for interior, but outside water and dirt gets in there makes a mess. Do not use it to pass through firewall either, water will pass through it and get into your cabin.
Surprise water and dirt get inside of the stock plastic covers and spiraled electric tape as well. I've ran through two bottles of electronics cleaner myself to know that...

The front passenger harness has a foam sealant in it's firewall plug which i've been having a bitch of a time breaking apart to run my fusebox wires in the cabin... So it's probably a good idea if you're fucking with anything that comes in contact with water to seal it the same way they did from the factory with some water proof foam insulation...

As for the firewall in the engine getting submerged or water getting in the car... unless you're pressure washing your firewall I don't understand how any water gets in a cabin at all from there. If anyone had sense they would run their under tray or an aftermarket one to keep dirt and shit out of the engine bay.