View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
DriftHappy

Trader Rating: (1)
DriftHappy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
Wow, some very rare and nice wheels there!

Is -20 stamped on the wheel? If it has 4 inches of lip and 4 inches of backspacing with a completely flat face that would be +0 offset. You mention a 1/2 inch for caliper clearance, so that would mean you roughly have -12s or 13s.

Not trying to take away from your thread, just trying to figure out how you got -20 out of it with those back spacing measurements. If you have one of those L shaped rulers that is large enough you can just put it on the part of the wheel where it bolts to the hub and measure from that point to the end of the wheel to get a more accurate back spacing measurement.

GL with the sale!
From memory of measuring them:

The wheels measure 9" from edge of lip to edge of lip. 4" from face of wheel to edge, 4" from back of mounting point to the edge, & the spoke area is roughly 1/2" thick, with 1/2" clearance for calipers. So it should be roughly -12 or so, but I say "-20" because I believe they have that stamped on a couple of them. Likely one of my measurements are wrong. They may be 8.5" or my backspacing measurement is a little wrong. I'll try to get some pics of the stamping and get a better measurement tonight.

BTW: Here are a couple of extra pics of when I was cleaning them up:

DriftHappy is offline   Reply With Quote