View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #14
ChicagoS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
ChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her selfChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ChicagoS14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsyke View Post
No its called good car tax.
hell yeah.... plus a Celica GT is nothing to rave about.... pretty slow, FWD, pretty cramped inside..... its a chick car.... a kouki with high mileage is still a kouki and 6K isnt too bad. I bought my 95 SE for about 6500 from a dealer, but then again that was in 2004 and it had 98K, a one owner car, and SE model with leather, abs, VLSD, 5spd, sunroof, all the goodies, so I guess being it was a newer car then and it was a dealer I guess my price wasn't too bad.

Or if you really want to find a cheaper model, buy a 95/96 5spd with less miles and convert the front since you plan on swapping over a JDM bumper, grille, etc and those have to be painted regardless. I dunno its all up to you and what you plan to do with the car. Sure a 5spd swap isnt too pricey if you find all the right parts, I was gonna 5spd swap my daily driver S13 til I found a 5spd for half the price of a swap lol $300 bucks. So I bought another S13 and now I have 2 S13s lol. One that was auto and one that is 5psd.

But part wise it ran me about $400 for all the S13 5spd parts,
  • 5spd trans with trans mount (hardware aka bolts) ~ 150
  • Driveshaft 5spd non abs ~ 50
  • Transmission plate~ 25
  • Junkyard clutch pedal assembly ~ 25
  • Slave cylinder ~ 20
  • Clutch Master ~ 30
  • OEM Nissan clutch hard line ~ 15
  • OEM Nissan throw out bearing ~ 30
  • 6 OEM flywheel bolts ~ 30
  • Stainless steel clutch line from SPL ~ 25
  • Speedbleeder from SPL ~ 10
  • Pilot bushing ~ 5
  • Flywheel - free from my S14 (upgraded to fidanza)
  • Clutch - free from other car.