View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 01:59 PM   #191
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
^ you seem to be giving out good advice. any advice on a speaker setup for me. currently running this setup:

Enter text here.- Pioneer Headunit DEH-690UB
- Infinity 6.5" Speakers REF6022SI (Front)
- Infinity 6"x9" Speakers REF9622I (Rear)

Don't want to change the headunit, but I'm definitely considering upgrading the speakers.
Head unit's fine, you just need a 4ch amp to really figure out if you like how the Infinity's sound. The "reference" series is really their cheap-o speakers, Kappa Perfects are the good ones, but I would say just get a good quality ~50w x 4 amp (Arc Audio makes a KAR line that is a good value, TRU T4.65 would be the best, there's a ton of others) and some decent interconnects and it'll definitely make 'em sing.

Then you can decide if you like the metal tweeter sound or swap to some beefier components up front with a silk tweeter for a more natural sound. It's all preference, but it all starts with getting those speakers some decent power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
hey guys i recently got the following goodies? i guess you can call it, for christmas from my folks...

Sony Dual 12" Enclosed Ported Subwoofers
and
Sony ZR Series 2/1-Channel Amplifier

from CircuitCity and was just wondering if it's a bit much? a bit sucky? etc...I'm currently running a stock audio setup right now with the Clarions but I do have a Sony Xplod headunit (not sure which model) if that makes a difference. Would I need to upgrade my speakers also if I were to install all this stuff and get good quality? or can I just stick with my stock speakers? that damn woofer is insanely huge and might be a bit overkill for me but eh, I don't care much for weight reduction just as long as my ride can handle the extra 100 pounds of shit in the rear lol. thanks for any input guys
I'm not sure what you're expecting here... you were given audio parts for gifts... will they sound like ass hooked up to your crap head unit? Yes. Will they sound like ass hooked up to a good head unit, witha good 4ch amp powering good components? Yes. Crappy subs powered by a crappy sub amp will never sound clean, but they will bump, and I'm sure that's what you're looking for, so install them and be happy... and say thanks to whoever got them for you!

When you're ready to upgrade, look for some good components (I've listed a bunch in this thread), a good 4ch amp, and dampen the doors and trunk. That will take the attention off the crappy subs, and then way later you can upgrade those if you want.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote