View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #11
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
What kind of sub enclosure is suited best with what music? I'm confused as to what kind of sound the different styles produce.

the common misconception is that ported boxes are best to get loud boomy bass (hip hop type bass) and sealed boxes are for best sound quality but with the correct box built specifically for the subwoofer, any box can have great sound quality and get good and loud (depending on the woofer).

bandpass enclosures are the best and the worst. if you have a subwoofer/bandpass enclosure built around each other, they can sound the best (from what i've heard). if you throw in a regular woofer into a pre-made bandpass box, it will sound like crap.

I remember a guy back in the day when i used to visit clubrsx audio subforums, there was a guy on there who went by the "bass mechanic" who built his own woofer and bandpass enclosure. he had 2 8" woofers getting louder than 2 15"s. Has anyone heard of him? As far as I know, he's out of the business now.