View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 04:15 AM   #8
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cc0rd View Post
cool, i'll PM you right now.

so if i wired each voice coil to each channel on my amp, what ohm load would that be and how much power would the single 12" be getting?
If your amp provides between 180w and 295w per channel @ 4ohms (depending on input voltage, Kicker rates their amps @ 12.5v and 14.4v for low and high ratings), so each voice coil would be getting that much RMS power... too much for most enclosures (remember, ported and bandbass have lower power handling than sealed). That's why you'd have to turn the gain down.

Or, you could wire them as an 8ohm load, and bridge both channels on the amp, and you'd get the same thing.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote