View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 04:03 AM   #2
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cc0rd View Post
well, if gsxrjordan can build me a small ported box for a good price, i would want to go that route, but i know that ported boxes usually cost quite a bit more. i guess if you can get me a ported box for 1 12" that isn't too big but still is a good fit for my sub (air space/port frequency and all that stuff), i would buy one from you but if gsxrjordan can build me one for the same price or a little bit more i would prefer a custom built one...

i think the biggest issue that i'm not sure on right now is if my amp can be used to power just one of my subs.
Lol amps can always handle higher impedance, it's the lower impedance they have a problem with (makes them run too hot). You'll be fine wiring that up as an 8ohm load, but you could also wire it up as a 4ohm load as well (your Kicker amp is actually a 2ch right, so you wire each voice coil to a separate channel). Either way, you'll be fine - it's OK to have too much amp for a sub, that's what your gain knob is for.

As far as a custom box, how custom do you want to go? Depending on what car you have, I might be able to take measurements from one of mine, but for a ported box I usually charge $100, including materials (which are somewhere around $40). Takes about 2 days, depending on what you want done.

PM me your car, where you want the sub/amps (maybe you want a floating amp rack or something too?), and what exact sub you have (and T/s parameters if you have them), and I'll shoot you over some ideas. I'll be taking measurements for Carlo's box and amp rack for his DD S14 this week, and hopefully making something for him next week

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote