View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 10:26 PM   #164
8Nismo9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough8Nismo9 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to 8Nismo9
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Lol, I was replying, but my browser crashed, then I forgot.

The car matters! You could drop serious cash on a nice set of components and a $1k amp and still have it sound "average" because the car's not prepped - the first thing you should do is prep the doors and trunk, then get some good components. Dynamat Extreme works, but is expensive - for my car I'm going to try Cascade VMAX (about 50sq ft of it lol) because it comes very highly recommended.

I like CDT components, because I get very natural-sounding speakers that sound like top end components for about $300 (I can get you guys that deal too) - and they take a lot of power! There are lots of good components, but there are also a ton that sound "tinney" because they use metal tweeters - I prefer the silk-dome tweeters for their soothing presence/not overpowering sound.

As far as your sub, it's just low end fill! If it never sounds right, or just isn't loud enough, you could try getting another one - your amps are OK, but with after components you should definitely upgrade the 4ch amp.

Was there supposed to be a link in there? No head unit actually produces the current they claim, so if you want good sound, plan on buying an additional 4ch amp. If you want a head unit that looks cool, just make sure it has discreet front/rear/subwoofer high-volt (4v or higher) preamp outs that fits in your budget, so that you can upgrade later without replacing the head unit.
JVC - 50W x 4 MOSFET CD/DVD Deck with 3.5" Widescreen - Gloss Black - KDAVX44
8Nismo9 is offline   Reply With Quote