View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 01:22 AM   #4
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by slw240sx View Post
yes starters can check out good even if they are bad. alot of times there is a internal short around the motor windings. i have had a few bad ones on KA's there is a wire in the end cap i think it is that the insulation on it can rub through and cause a short and keep it from cranking over. It has been years and years since this last happened to me so i forget exactly where the wire was rubbing, but i fixed it myself and never had the problem again.
I have also had more then one brand new starter from parts stores go into cars start once or twice and then not start again, then take it for testing and it works.
That's true, but not most of the time - check the connections and condition of the huge black/red wire coming off your starter going to the battery + terminal. If it's good, get the starter rebuilt.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote