View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 11:58 PM   #5
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Thanks to Russ's help, I was able to identify my problem. Instead of sourcing a '95 power window switch and then having to use the notoriously bad '95 amp, I made my own harness/wiring for the '96+ switch.

These were the smallest female spade terminals I could find that would accept a 14ga wire, and they ended up working out fine.

I ran 1/8" heat shrink over the crimp and all the way down to the bottom of the connector, just to be safe:

Ended up using 6 wires - +12V (25A fused) DC, ground (both red 14ga), and two wires for each of the window motors (black 16GA). It's a tight fit in there.

Because I don't have a passenger side switch, I looped the 6 pin passenger side connector pins coming from the drivers side, going to the motor (no pic). Also retained the rest of the door harness (for power windows and door locks).

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote