View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #5
pwr-adr
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
pwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the roughpwr-adr is a jewel in the rough
I would consider getting a smaller headgasket. Why so thick? From my experience the thicker the head gasket, the less lifetime it has and the more it loosens up the head bolts/studs. A thinner gasket will obviously raise the compression ratio but isn't that the point of your build anyways?

High compression turbo motors are unbeatable given a good tune. You can't run as much boost but you don't need to given the much much much better and streetable powerband and efficiency. I am currently building my sr (9.2:1 c.r.) in combo with a built p'n'p head and hks2540r. The biggest thing is having enough fuel and getting your timing right on.. High c.r. and boost FTW!

I would however consider getting a standalone. ROM tunes are good for the price but with a set up like you are planning on, I wouldn't go any route other than standalone. It pays to have the ability to FINE tune your car, high comp turbo motors can really benefit from a crisp smooth tune more so than N/A or low comp boosted applications.
pwr-adr is offline   Reply With Quote