View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 08:53 AM   #661
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Thumbs down Re-Visited the Dyno...

So I took my car back to the dyno yesterday after changing a few things that gave me problems last time - BOV, couplers, fans, boost cont., actuator, etc..

Heres the thing which baffled the fawk outta me and everyone there - I am running a GT2871r .64a/r with Tomei 256/256, 740cc, etc.. all the nessessary mods for 350ish rwhp

@ 10psi (ATP's "Special" Actuator) I made 296rwhp/256rwtq
@15psi I made 328rwhp/283rwtq - everything seemed spot on - for those 2 runs

So we Tried for 18-19psi - Car would completely fall flat on its face @ 6500rpm and 330rwhp as if it had some sort of rev limitter (PowerFC was set to 7400rpm) AFR's were perfect, timing was good, hp and tq curve looked great.. it Just Stopped @ 6500 rpm even holding the pedal down - it sounded like someone had turned on the dyno brake (if that makes any sense)

Under no Load or lower psi the car would rev out perfect in/out of gear

The PowerFC was reading the MAFS max voltage? @ 4400mv
The TPS graph showed it was reading fine
AFR's were perfect
Timing was dead on

WTF?

Sidenote: The shop owner said the turbo may be failing @ higher psi or Locking up (which should/would restrict air flow causing the symptoms) He mentioned that he'd seen this before - idk guys wtf?! help