Old 04-22-2003, 12:57 AM   #14
s13srmadness
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
s13srmadness is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s13srmadness
Quote:
Originally posted by kapower
A cam is a great mod. But I was thinking about bolt on's. If I could do it all over again, I would save my money for a cam, instead of buying my intake, exhaust and header. by the way you can get a cam from pdm for $150 (not including the core charge) Duffman has a vey good point.
na is a waste of time. i drove an na sohc ka for over a year slowly realizing it waste of money. (200 for a "cold air intake") if i realized it so will you guys.
a cam is bolt-on.
a cam instead of i/h/e is stupid. (read up before you tell me it's not)
another 1000 rpm on an sohc ka will get you nowhere. (have you guys seen ka dyno graphs???)
waste of damn time.
with ALL bolt-ons, 11:1 compression, and some mild head porting, you may see just shy of 200 whp.
and at this point you will have spent WAY more than the guy who did the sr swap and got an exhaust/downpipe/boost controller. (and he will suck your ass up at the track!)
it may seem cheaper, but it's not.
it's only cheaper in the short run. (save your reciepts, kids...)
you don't like the sr? fine. turbo a dohc ka. (they at least have a little potential...)
an intake and exhaust will produce more extra noise than it would power. i have talked to many people where this is the case.
header/exhaust will rob a lot from the low-end and return very little at the top.
peak power gains aren't everything.
c'mon i know you guys read iMpoRt tuNerZ, right? even they include dyno graphs. look the whole line, not just how much higher it is 100 rpm shy of redline.
unless you're prepared to spend 3-4 times an sr swap, not be able to idle, and have an unstable motor don't hope for REAL power from an na sohc ka.
you have to step back and see how serious you are about your car.
are you willing to sacrifice time you could have been at the movies/out with your non-car friends?
are you ok with or do you even know what "down-time" is?
are you comfortable with debt?
do you know that the average guy/girl still won't sweat your car when it has 200whp? (is that ok with you?)
a lot of people say that they're enthusiasts beacuse they bought an intake/exhaust and spend time on the forums. they're not.
if you're not an enthusiast save yourself and evryone here time and cut the crap and don't F with your car...
it's not for everyone.... that's the way it should be...