View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 11:05 AM   #118
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidin_W.O.P View Post
Charley Gibson > Sarah Palin
Yeah, her biggest goofs were:

1.) The Bush Doctrine thing. It's not necessarily that bad that she didn't know what it was, but it was bad that she tried to make a bunch of shit up. She also looked visibly annoyed when asked about it, and it's never good to look annoyed. Gibson called her on it hard though, so now he's my new favorite human.

2.) The part where Gibson effectively gets her to reverse her long-held conviction about man's impact on global warming on camera. She could have just as easily said that she & McCain disagree, but noooooo. She had to allow herself to get forced into switching positions right then and there, which was positively epic.

3.) That she had to revert to talking about things like how they can see Russia from Alaska. WHO GIVES A SHIT.

4.) She obviously gets a little flustered when forced to go off-message. This had been reported by the Alaskan press also, but it's good to see that it's true. I hope more people grill her.