View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 03:34 PM   #38
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx View Post
My stock 250R passed an Evo holding 105. What are you talking about?

There is no way to build one riding position for everyone. You have to customize the bke to your preference, assuming you know what you want.

I am 6'2, 220 and the 2000 250R i had (bone stock but ran strong) maxed out at 95 MPH, and it needed a long time to go from 65,75 to that 95. from what i have read on 250 forums that most top out at 100MPH but that is with a small light rider and that was good for a guy my size. although i have heard from a guy who had on that was older than mine, stage 2 jets, muzzy exhaust, pods, and everthing weight shaved off the bike for track use that he could that that bike got him (200 ish) up to around 100 decently.

and for the pegs to work for me i would have had to move them back about 6" and drop them about 2-3" which would have meant that i could not have cornered near as well. It was comfortable enough for the first hour of my last trip, but by hour 2 it was starting to get rough, and by hour 3 me knees were killing me, and they felt like that the rest of the day.

now what you said about being easy and forgiving to ride is true, but if this guy buys a new 250 he in going to get tired of it in a few months and sell it at a loss of a few thousand. so i say get the 600 and be cautious when learning, or try and rent/borrow a 250 for a while to start out with.