View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 09:01 PM   #241
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Quote:
Originally Posted by okterrific View Post
Ok, last time I am going to reply to this.
1) 10hz is the MINIMUM sample rate. you can set it to 10,20,30,40,50, etc. up to 100hz. This is CONFIGURABLE in the software.

2) My second point is still stands, I would much rather buy a Calum or Nistune ECCS setup than an EMS & et all. Hell, I would rather convert to the U12 Stanza ecu and use an emulator for realtime.
The Microcontroller is a POS.
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/p...ents/2545S.pdf

8 Bit? 4mhz? NO A/D input?

Atmel?

28 PIN DIP? Kill me now.

The maxim chip is a crutch for the POS Atmel.

Could have build the whole thing without dips and through-hole garbage for $8 a piece at a board house, have it 1/10th the size using qfp devices. The use of this garbage can type diy build is what makes it reminicent of the 70's or 80's era equipment. The only thing that brings this close to the future is the use of an led 7seg and VW/Bosch's 4 wire.

As for the quoted sample rate, thats a bunch of garbage, thats how many times the firmware would "like" to take a sample. Its maximum REAL sample rate will be much much less (obviously).

Is this ROHS compliant? Or are we killing ourselves and poisoning our ground water with this?

The thread has been trashed. Buy this because you like tinkering. Don't buy it because you are low $, if you are not tech smart and don't have the money, work more and buy lm-1,plx, or NGK and save your time.

Remember Time = Money too.