View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by chixwithtrix View Post

Ok, on to the next problem-

This has been going on since about a month ago after we relocated the battery to the hatch. We have not had a chance to address yet - the car will not start most of the time.
-the battery is not dead and the cable is large enough to turn turn over the engine fine when it does decide to start
-the engine will prime
-go to turn the ignition on and nothing happens, no turn over, there is one small click right when it gets electricity, but otherwise no sound.
-it will start about once every 10-20 tries. Do not know why it is different then, we just go to start it like normal and it will fire no hesitation.
-don't know if this correlates to anything, but it will usually start after we jack the car up by the diff and let it back down after we finish working.

We figure it has to be something like a relay or something wrong with the ignition itself...but other than that we have no idea....

Any constructive help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not very familiar with SR20s as my 240 is KA powered, and I have the task of finding all of the info for my buddy who doesn't know a lot about cars...thanks
This is most likely your clutch safety switch not being pressed down all the way OR the black/yellow stripe single starter wire (for the ignition) on the starter is not on there tight enough, they tend to get loose and fall off.