Thread: Finally an S14
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 05:22 PM   #1
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Finally an S14 (now with LM7+T56)

well, I've had my eyes open for a good deal for a while now, and finally got one (I think). For some reason for the last few months I've been wanting an S14 worse than ever, I found a few Zenki's but just not too fond of those front ends, but I guess good things come to those who wait, I stumbled across this one the same day it was posted on Craigslist for sale, and bought it exactly a week later, clean title and all.
I picked it up middle of last week in Columbia, SC, towed it to my girls house, and there it sits now. You'll be able to tell that I've put some time in to cleaning the engine bay since I got it.
It's a 1997 with 187k on the odometer, but still have alot of get up and go suprisingly, even came with a K&N filter installed.
No, I haven't given up on my S13, it's a long term project and too far away to work on right now, and in too many pieces, but the girlfriend lends a hand on it the weekends I go back to work on it, so you guys should start seeing some real progress soon!

^damn at that oil and road grime!

^more dirty shit

^ oddly, the paint doesn't look as great in person as it does in this pic, first thing on the agenda is a paintjob then 5 speed swap, and eventually some lowering springs.

^ now that is more to my liking! the cleaner the better

so far the only things I've found wrong are:
-at idle it's up and down between 300 and 1000 rpm, probbly a sensor or something since the check engine light is on, but since the car isn't insured, or registered it's not getting driven to Advance to have the code pulled, any suggestions are welcome.

-the passenger side fog light is missing (like I really care)

Other than those 2 small details, it runs, drives and even spins the tires over when you take off with the pedal floored. Let me know what youguys think or if you guys have any parts laying around collecting dust that you think I might be interested in, lmk!

MATT

Last edited by onehundredoctane; 10-01-2014 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: Update.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links