View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 09:32 PM   #36
jon_mr2
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (4)
jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by hijack3d View Post
Wow... what an improvement! How long did it actually take you to get this far? +1 for you.
well, its been about half a year i believe... lol. so about 1 day a week for half a year, ill let you guys do the math :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Awesome work so far man.

My wife's car is the same way, as a matter of fact, her cowl was so rusted, the piece came off where the driver's side wiper arm bolts to, in the middle of the rain when she was driving, so needless to say her car has been parked since then. (it's also parked because of an oil filter that will not come off, and has since been mangled when I tried every trick in the book to get it off)

Anyway, your project gives me lots of hope to restoring her car, as it has potential, we just lack the funds to get it to a reputable body shop to get it looking pretty again.

Keep up the good work man!
oh wow, that sucks. i feared that something like that could happen to the wipers on this car too if it were to be driven around for a while longer. but im happy it will be solid now. as for the oil filter, do you have an oil filter wrench pliers? cuz those things can take off any oil filter, or at least all the filters i have to deal with at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocslider View Post
wow. i doubted this thread when i saw the title. i thought it would just be another "i put on my sportmax wheels and sum stickers" build thread. and when i saw restoring i really didnt think all of this was being done. i dont think i would have the patience. gl with it.

what wheels are you planning to go with?
well, i got some stock s14 se alloys sitting in my garage, probably put those on for now. also got some bronze work emotion cr kais, but its mounted to my mr2 as of now, and i want to leave em there. would be nice to find a decent set of te37's in bronze one of these days, but that i can worry about later. ill post pics later if i find em or ill go take some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atutt View Post
Coming along nicely! I think you should have welded in new metal for the wiper area, but you may not have had access to one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dori_sil8t View Post
if u have a welder why dont u cut the peice u need off a parts car? or scrap car? thats what id do if i was taking my time like u.
yeah, at the time i didnt have access to a welder, but now i just picked one up this week as stated in my last of the pics post, so at least i can weld together the lower frame and radiator support area due to rust not shown in pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
How did you lay down the primer? products used? gun?
i actually just shot the engine bay with spray can primer. even though i have a whole gallon of primer/sealer and a new devilbliss spray gun sitting at home. but yeah, first was using bondo for body filler, but that sucked. ended up using rage body filler, its real smooth compared to the bondo... or at least for me. and just filled the small holes with that green 3m puddy stuff. i might just spray the engine bay with spray can gloss black... since its just the engine bay, when i plan to paint the car ill use the spray gun.
jon_mr2 is offline   Reply With Quote