View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 08:31 AM   #420
fakts13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
fakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nicefakts13 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiisass View Post
HRP also has a gold foil that has comparable specs and is a little cheaper. I can get if for you at a better price than on their website if you're interested.

Also keep in mind that different materials should be used in different spots on the car based on the type of heat transfer it will be seeing. The gold film is good for reflecting heat. But there are other materials that may be better based on the location of the heat source and what you're trying to insulate the heat from. I'm a big fan of ZeroClearance, it's used on a lot of OE cars and does an amazing job of both reflecting and insulating and has a self adhesive backing. The only problem is, I don't remember where to get it anymore. When I got it before, it was for the FSAE car and we got it directly from either Ford or GM. I'm sure it's available or something comparable is.

Tim
http://www.coolandquiet.com/products_detail.cfm?PID=4
First thing that came up with a google search.
fakts13 is offline   Reply With Quote