View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 12:11 PM   #49
chuonthis
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
chuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the rough
I just got off the phone with David at Stance. He gave me the "torque top nut to 55lb-ft" and the "zero preload" advice, which I told him I already tried. Then he suggested a couple of things.

The first was to take the top nut off completely, reseat it, and torque it back on. He said sometimes the nut isn't properly threaded which can cause this problem.

The second was that if the first suggestion didn't work, I should try taking off the top hat and flipping the spring around (which it looks like D1GP tried without success). He said the springs sometimes won't make contact well with the top hat and flipping it might help.

He said if those things didn't help, they could try sending me a new set of springs and a spacer for use between the top hat and camber plate. Then if that still doesn't resolve the problem, he mentioned sending me a whole new assembly.

I'm not sure why he was so insistent that it is the springs' fault. I kind of asked him why but I don't remember what his answer was exactly.

Anyway, I'll try to work on it this weekend or next week and see what happens. If anyone else can try the suggestions above and let us know what happens, that'd be great.
chuonthis is offline   Reply With Quote