View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 07:38 AM   #541
jrmiller84
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
jrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond reputejrmiller84 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jrmiller84
I've said it before along side plenty of other Zilvians, you truly get what you pay for in the S-Chassis community.

I'm glad you had a good eBay experience, from what I've researched a lot of people don't. In the long run, buying a motor from eBay and a motor from a reputable shop can't compare. You have no idea what type of customer service(or motor for that matter) you're receiving from an eBay shop, but the reputable shops are reputable for a reason. I knew that the motor would not only be in good shape, but they would support their sale with a good warranty and knowledgeable customer service to help me get my swap done correctly. Not only that, but purchasing all of my parts through one vendor set me up to have one business to consult with in case ANY part of my swap was not functioning right, not just the motor.

A swap in four hours may be possible, but he obviously has the facilities and experience to get it done fast unlike I did. That is, unless the quality is horrible. All of the good shops in the central Florida area told me on average a minimum of three days was required to get the swap done, and even from the best shops that time was tentative. I personally would worry about the quality of a swap done in four hours, especially when I'm dropping thousands of dollars on it.

Thousand dollar mistakes suck.