View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 07:06 AM   #22
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
I usually warn people against plastigauge as it has some flaws. It will not tell you if you have an oval shaped journal. It won't tell you if your main journals are in alignment. It also won't tell you if they're round either. It just tells you the clearance at that specific point. The only solution is about $300 min in measuring tools but most won't spend that so they use plastigauge. Many people just don't know any better and think it's the only way. Also clean and blow out all oil passages and oil lines/oil coolers. I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone spin a main bearing, rebuild the engine, and plumb in the same old oilcooler full of dead bearing material.