View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 11:24 AM   #29
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
cmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to cmcdougle
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitsfreak81
YES, the sr does have egr, as long as it wasnt removed prior to being shipped over here. Yes most people remove them as soon as possible befor swaping there motor in. CO2 has nothing to do with exhaust testing. that is carbon dioxide, the same thing that every human on earth exhales. you are thinking of CO which is carbon Monoxide, the stuff that wrecks the ozone. as far as the sr being legal, im not sure, ive never heard of an illegal motor. its the extra emissions crap that the motor and car either has or doesnt have. take for example the rotory, probly the dirtiest motor ever produced, but brought within emissions standards by all of the extra parts. they put sr's in some of the domestic nissan vehicles and the block/head design is very close if not exactly the same. therefore i would have to argue that the motor its self is not "illegal"

good luck with this though. i think that instead of putting the pressure on the auto lovers who modify their cars, that CARB should be pressureing the auto manufactures to find an alternate fuel source that is less poluting. why make it harder for people to do what they love to do. luckily i live in an area of the country that is very lax on the whole emissions thing. you could run an open down pipe as long as its not too loud and nobody would say shit. we as a community need to stand up for our rights to modify our cars as we see fit. if we dont then there will be versions of CARB in every state someday and that day would put a serious hurt on the industry and lifestyle that we all love so much.

mike
We're going to end up paying for the changes the manufacturers make anyway.