View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 10:20 AM   #20
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
This thread is great. Keep up the good work and fight the system.

I'm leaving the SR for the LSx platform, and this is one of the primary reasons for my doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20drifter1
I live in VA and I have a '98 blacktop S13 Sr20det. I took it to a gas station to have it inspected. It failed the first time.When they changed the O2 sensor, it passed without any problem. I always take my car to the same guys to have it inspected.I'm completly street legal.
With all due respect, you are incorrect. VA has a very strange way of interpreting the legal code. "Standard make" should mean "OEM-equivalent"; however, the police and courts interpret the term to mean "originally equipped from the factory".

I'm in the same boat as you are though. We pass state inspection with no problems, but our cars are still not federally legal.

I hope we could have a more intelligent legal system, but that would be asking for too much.