View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 10:48 AM   #5
1derboy16

Trader Rating: (0)
1derboy16 is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neejay
hmm..couldn't he use the afc to fine tune the ecu? Not 100% sure, just curious...I thought I read that you could do that somewhere.

Everything else (based on my research) looks good + the stuff Markovich mentioned. Don't forget water temp guage and oil pressure gauges. Also, for 300+ hp, I would upgrade the radiator too.

I would replace/rebuild as much as you have the means to do. I won't be replacing/rebuilding anything other than valve seals, timing chain, and oil pump...but this is due to a lack of tools/friends/hookups/money/space.
yea, I was thinking of using the afc with the tune but I hear it rly pushes the edge of fuel safety.
um, just so I understand this right. Your saying I should replace parts but not rebuild right? cuz I dont want to rebuild the motor, I dont really have the money for it. I'll just trying to get as much as I can out of the stock motor, SAFETY. Since I've heard 350 is the max, I think 310 is the ideal number, 300 is fine with me too. I know about the gauges to, I just haven't exactly decided on the ones i'm getting. But so your saying this is what I should replace? valve seals, timing chain, and oil pump? cuz I dont want to, and at this point cant get into internals.
1derboy16 is offline   Reply With Quote