View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 05:11 PM   #79
bamaboy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
bamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricer240sx
they all get there gas from the same damn place

Gas is Gas is Gas is Gas who cares, jsut go to the place that has it for the least!!!
In some respects you are right.....but there are details that make this statement a little untrue.
Yes, and gas station no matter the brand, Shell, BP, Citgo...etc.... can and does purchase gas from several different suppliers including each other as well as from themself. This gas all comes from the same tanks as regular, midgrade, and premium. Here comes the difference and what makes one better than the other. Shell, BP, Citgo, and mom and pops store...etc.. all have different brlend recipes for "their" additives. The additives are what makes the gas better. Additives help with lubricity (since we don't use lead anymore, yes lead was a lubricant), the cleaning of injectors, and each "brand" of gas has different levels of sediment and suspended solids (what ends up in the bottom of your gas tank.
So, all the mom and pop places get the generic additives and the big oil companys use their recipes that are engineered to make theri brand better or worse then others. Shell V-Power is among the best fuel that can be purchased at the consumer level.... they spend a lot of money developing a good product, Exon/Mobil would be second to Shell.
So when you are deciding who's product to put in your car, know that like everything else in life, you are getting what you pay for.
Also, if you live in an area that has ethanol mandated, all gas has the same amount no matter the station....remember the whole thing about it all comes from the same place........

** Disclaimer, I don't work for either of these companies...***

Quote:
Right now you are my biggest fan. You are to me what a sex tape is to Paris Hilton, not the best publicity in the world, but at least I'm on people's mind and it has something to do with a pussy!!! HAAHAAAAAAA
bamaboy is offline   Reply With Quote