View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 09:25 PM   #1
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Sirius, XM, or bah humbug commercial radio

I've been sick and tired of the crap and airplay of commercial radio lately. So I did something about it and purchased a plug and play sirius satelite radio. Honestly one of the best investments that I could of made. Sirius plays the newest music with no commercials and some of the best music without repeating a song within the day (depending on the channel). I was attracted to sirius over XM radio because of the enormous and excellent programming that sirius had to offer and I just found XM to be boring although offering a wider selection of plug and play devices and stereo systems.
The greatest feature is in the recievers that list the artist and song title, and being able to record the music, or whatever was good from a talk show.
I didn't buy my sirius for the over hyped Howard Stern, but rather the diverse amount of talk programs and of course if I'm traveling so that I can listen to my NFL games (Oakland Raiders), as well as eminems hip hop station shade 45, Hip Hop Nation, Hot Jams, the blue collar comedy channel and my rock stations octane, and buzsaw. I love the fact that it isn't regulated by the FCC and all explicit content is uncensored.
There is a draw back like when traveling under overpasses and losing reception for under 3seconds, but other than that I truely enjoy the digital quality sound with zero static, and less talk from DJ's and more music play. I honestly believe that this is the future of radio and it is only getting better. So far I've taken itout camping, to work, and listened to it in all of my Nissans (Murano,240sx,Frontier truck) great sound.
I just want to see where others stand and if they are happy with the products that satelite radio has to offer (weither sirius or XM), and list what you like about it. Honestly for the 43cents that I spend a day, it brings me back to listening to more music, rather than switching channels numerous times due to many loud and obnoxious commercials that just give me a headache.
Whats your stand and what made you chose XM, or sirius, or what makes you stick with commercial radio?