View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 11:26 PM   #75
2JZGTE
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 2JZGTE Send a message via MSN to 2JZGTE
Sick rollbar. I need to do a rear hoop sometime as well...then I can finally get a 6-point harness.

Broaner - I'm not a member of any clubs yet because I work overseas and only spend 1/3 of the year in the states right now. I will be joining a BMW club soon though so that I can get more tracktime in. I'm in the midwest too...we can meet up in August if you want. You should come down to mid-america motorplex if you can make it. I'll be there for the trackdays in August and September (every other Wednesday).

http://www.midamericamotorplex.com/2006/default.asp

You should just get to a trackday with your car...preferably one with instructors on site that will ride with you. If there aren't any instructors, then you can just try to get a ride with someone else. They can show you the lines around the track, it really helps. You'd be surprised, most people at trackdays are really cool and always willing to offer advice. Also, people at trackdays usually know wtf they're talking about. Another option is to sign up for a trackday that is specifically a school day. It usually costs a little more but you will have a dedicated instructor...and you will learn A LOT.

Don't worry about driving fast. Everybody wants you to go at your own pace anyway...and there is usually a passing rule so you don't have to worry about going 2 wide into a turn etc.

Anyway, good luck finishing your car...crazy looking project you have there.

Billy

R35 GT-R, R32 GT-R, Supra, S13, S14, FD3S
2JZGTE is offline   Reply With Quote