View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 12:28 PM   #248
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Lil_D is an unknown quantity at this point
Unfortunately I was not able to drift at night since the jbweld hadn't hardened in time. I woke up around 7am and the jbweld was hard so I poured oil in and unplugged my fuel pump to build up oil pressure. I plugged the fuel pump back in and car started up and there was no bottom end noise. I felt super lucky that the motor didn't blow up. I checked to see if I was leaking any oil and couldn't see anything so I decided to take the car on track and make sure everything was good before I put my front bumper on again. After a couple grip laps to make sure oil pressure didn't drop I decided it was time to do some 3rd gear entries like I had at previous drift events at grange.

Photos by Kasey Wilcox

After about 15 laps I decided to come in and let the car cool off. It was really nice being able to hot lap. I cleaned all the car off the car so it didn't look like i took the car into some mud.

I went out for another session to kill the last of my zestinos

I swapped to my strusse that had rsrr on them. As soon as I was ready to back out the track was cold for lunch.

After lunch I took the car on track to get some more seat time.

I drifted the back section to feel out the tires before I did the entry. I went to transition on the last sweeper and as soon as I clutch kicked the car popped out of 2nd. I put the car back in second to try and drive to the pregrid and the it just free rev'd like I was in neutral. I got back to my pit and just walked around and talked to people. I talked to Teddy from realize and he had just found out he broke his axle half shaft. We talked for a little and after the event was over we rolled his car and my car next to each other to take some pics.

Casey from shirtstuckedin took some pictures of my car after

After taking pictures Casey told me he wanted to take video of me rolling out. I started rolling out like burst would and nakamura told me to do a burnout so i was obligated to.

photo by _kylepope

photo by dariustii

photo by hector_jr_jr

After this I went to load my car up on the trailer. A friend asked me if he could shoot the car before I loaded the car up. Of course I said yes and drove back on track so Mark and Jesus could take pictures

Heres a couple from Mark

Got the car loaded up and strapped down and assessed the damage I had done to the car at super d. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I need to get another transmission and some other little things and take the car back to Justin to finish up some little wiring things so I can drive it on the street on occasion.