View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 02:52 PM   #3
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Bought my first S13 when I was 14, now 11 years later I'm starting over with a new chassis and modifying it in OEM+ ways and learning from what I didn't like on my last couple of 240's.

Ten years ago, owning a 240 was, in my opinion, kind of a respectable thing. Nowadays they're the new Honda Civic. Majority of today's owners are Hooniganbros who think it's "cool" to spray paint them, bash them up, and call themselves drifters. It's sad, really, but I think we all predicted it when drifting really went mainstream in the US.

Car culture is a lot different now anyways. It seems like everyone just does shit to impress strangers on the internet and up their follower count, not modifying their cars to suit their personal goals/needs like we used to. No one has any interest in the roots of drifting, much less just to have fun. Everyone just wants to build a competition car that far exceeds their driving abilty.

I'm only 25, but I feel like an old fart in a lot of ways. I used to want to help new S-Chassis owners with their builds, provide insight, and whatnot. Now, I generally hate the majority of them. I dunno.