View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 12:32 AM   #94
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman View Post
i take my pants off more than anyone else though.

thanks for the support. build is coming along. should be a much better setup. the ls7 is cool because of how big the powerband will be. with the ka i had to run a 4.9 final drive to make the car faster, which sucks for wheel speed and makes you have less angle and smoke and grip too.
been working on the car every day, dyno session is next wednesday then tuning after that. there should be another update before then.
im not trying to appeal to car dorks. im not a car dork. if i didnt drift, i would drive a stock wagon or something. drifting is cool, cars are not. deal with it.
GG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
lol, Matt, thats about the last thing people on this forum are gonna understand.

I hope the new heart helps you get where you want to be.
And keeps your pants coming off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
Don't forget that only one of those cars is actually a 4 cyl. Also, don't forget that Keiichi is able to do what he does because of his skill and the way his whole car is set up, including the suspension. His car is not "hellaflush", its hella functional.

Matt is going in the right direction he needs to go in to be competitive and everyone should understand that. He's not selling out, hes buying in. I hung out in his tent for a few minutes when he was working on his car in Monroe last year. Plain and simple one of the most down to earth people who's ever gained the recognition of anyone.

Shame on any one of you fair-weather fanboi's who's giving him a load of shit
for changing his car to be more functional and, quite frankly, better. He's doing it so he can stay competitive so YOU can watch him drive more. I'm sure that there's a healthy balance between what he does for himself and what he does for his fans, but he hasn't forgotten you. You kids just need to stop being so closed minded.

If all you super sick JDM kiddies need a new bandwagon to hop on because Matt switched to a V8, go jawls all over Ken Gushi's Scion, he's still running a 4 banger.

TL;DR: Lose the hate, grow up, learn about professional sports (driving or otherwise).
Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
You realize HP wars having been going on in Japan for a few years now right? The big turbo NOS fed 2JZs are the V8s of Japan. Why do you think the great Kumakubo is no longer even qualifying with his old Evo and building his insane 1000hp Laurel? Just to be competitive.

Props for Matt for doing what he thinks needs to be done to stay in the game and not get left behind.

Pro drifting should not be compared to grassroots, just like how pro drag racing and pro road racing shouldn't be compared to grassroots. Budgets and just the amount of exposure the pros get make everything totally different from grassroots events.
only post really worth reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRift_g0ddess View Post
I would never take out my KA and put in a v8 but like I said it's all personal opinion.
Zilvia makes me lol
youre also not competing against other V8's tryin to make some money and getting real sponsorships...

so many bitches in here cryin and moaning about it not being grassroot or the real deal, guess what folks, grass roots drifting doesnt pay bills...its fun, just like 90% of this fucken forum, all of you are either building a car for show, or fun, or to street, which frankly, thats your shit, and ur sinking money into something that wont mount to anything except in your eyes...

Matt decided Function>Form... which i respect and agree with when theres money/sponsorships on the line...ive been fortunate to meet the guy and have a beer with em and kick back with for a minute at ASB...from what the article reads, he's making personal sacrifices not many of you would make to make this car fucken happen and you sit infront of ur screen thinking you have a right to talk shit...

theres a big difference between the people who are sitting on the stands watching someone reach a goal, and the person driving reaching said goal...

GL Matt...

/rant

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote