|05-25-2012, 06:25 AM||#1|
723whp B13 Sentra SE-R, BW S400SX 67mm
Back home safely. Its been a long day all in all trying to get ready for this appointment. I would like to give a huge thanks to Jorge at JMS Racing for being all about the enthusiast, being chill, fun to talk to and hang with. He even bought me and my wife some dinner. This guys is by far one of the best guys Ive met in this scene. Thanks for the hell of a deal on the tune as well.
Id also like to thank Mazworx for the strong block and other parts, Id like to give a big thanks to Greg V for these killer Crower rods that took 45+ dyno runs pulling all the way to 9800 rpm for a majority of the pulls. The motor is running absolutely amazing. Wish I could have gotten to the 800+ whp mark but wastegate spring held me back. Gonna retune after with the stiffer spring and get that 800+ mark. For now the power should allow me to reach that 9 second goal. The boost by speed is all dialed in. 560whp for 1st and 2nd and then full 700+ for 3rd and 4th. Another thing i didnt get to do before the tune was an alignment and by the way my drag radials were tearing up on the tread it was definitely affecting it. Ill be getting that done before the Convention.
The final numbers were 723whp STD and 709whp SAE. Dyno temps were over 90 deg and 50% humidity most of the time. Jorge has no doubt that the motor will make 800+ whp at 36-37 lbs of boost.
723whp Turbo Nissan Sentra SE-R Dyno - YouTube
Remove these by purchasing a Premium Membership with Zilvia.net!
|05-27-2012, 09:14 PM||#5|
The 6 speed trans holds up just fine.
New vid done by JMS Racing.
|06-01-2012, 11:35 PM||#8|
It was fun. Only got two runs in on the battery's charge. First run bogged the launch bad and babied into 2nd gear then 3rd and 4th was insane. email@example.com. 1.77 60 ft. I had lowered the two step to 5700 and didnt stand on it long enough to build boost before launching. The second run I started on the two step during the preload and lighting the second set of staging bulbs and built plenty of boost and just launched hard with a 1.67 60 ft, Hit 2nd no lift shift and tires lit up and pounded the limiter. Stood on it too long and hit a wall when the car caught up and missed 3rd hard. Then babied the car to 10.6@132mph. My 330 on the 2nd pass was .4 faster than my first run. Car has the potential for a solid 9.6-9.7 @150+mph
Hopefully the track tomorrow is well prepped.
Last edited by ashtonroche; 08-23-2012 at 12:06 AM..
|08-23-2012, 12:08 AM||#10|
So here is the update on the car.
Friday night of the SR2012 Convention we went to Summit Motorsports Park after the road course. This would be my first pass with the car on the setup.
First run up I bog the launch badly due to not being on the two step long enough and then babied into 2nd gear and then let it rip. Track was amazing and had almost full traction in 1st and 2nd and full traction in 3rd and 4th. 3rd and 4th ripped soo quick through the gears and when I crossed the line at 9k plus rpm in 4th i knew it was quick. Get my slip and it was a firstname.lastname@example.org off the trailer. 1.777 60 ft
Get back in line and get a much better launch pulling a 1.61 60 ft and hit 2nd quicker and then missed 3rd due to the shifter cable clip on the trans side bracket falling off, so i get it in 3rd and just cruise it to the finish and went 11.6@132mph
Saturday at the drag day I knew the track wasnt going to be near as good as Summit so i lowered the boost to 15psi in 1st and 2nd gear then full 29 in 3rd and 4th. Didnt matter. While the first 60ft was prepped good and resulted in a decent 1.64 60ft i spun the absolute crap out of the tires until 4th. Also before the run I upped my rev limiter from 9600 to 10,200rpm to try and extend my powerband a bit to keep from falling out of the powerband between shifts. Motor didnt like that after pounding off it for 3 gears, hit 4th and halfway through 4th it bogged bad and motor died and coasted to a 10.6@125mph, started the motor up and it cranked very slow and then knock knock knock. Shut it off and towed it back to the trailer. Motor chewed up the #3 bearing and bent the crank from the heavy knocking. Lost oil pressure somewhere in 3rd gear id say. turned out to be an oil pump issue. No major damage done other than i have to replace one Crower rod, bearings, oil pump, and crank.
Ive got some changes to make to it. After looking at logs, at 29lbs of boost i was only seeing 15-17psi of backpressure. That tells me the setup is very very efficient. A little too efficient. Gonna change the turbo to a 6768 T4 .81, forward facing custom manifold, custom garrett intercooler 5" thick, and cooling system changes and biggest of all is the head is going from stock w/springs and retainers to a fully built and heavily ported and worked head done by AMFAB. Full Supertech valvetrain +1 intake valves, +2 exhaust valves. Power goals 850+ without a doubt possibly 900+